We are glad you have chosen NewPointe to share in your wedding. It is our desire to ensure that your wedding ceremony will be memorable and beautiful in every way. Below is some important information that will help in planning your ceremony at one of our campuses.
Our Wedding Guidelines
The bride and groom must individually confess a personal commitment to Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior. NewPointe will not join an unbeliever to a believer in marriage (2 Corinthians 6:14-18). The Bible is clear about spiritual compatibility in a marriage.
- The bride and groom need to abstain from sexual promiscuity and/or living together. Sex is a gift from God to be received in a marital union. The Bible gives clear instructions for sex within the parameters of the marriage relationship (1 Corinthians 6:18-20, 1 Corinthians 7:2). Understanding that this is God’s best plan for marriage, couples are asked to abstain from sexual intimacy and living together.
- The bride and groom are to have maintained a dating relationship for a minimum of one year before their wedding date.
- At least one of the persons being married must be a regular attendee (minimum of twice a month) for at least six months or have a parent who is a regular attendee.
- The bride and groom will be required to participate in the pre-marital mentoring ministry. They will be matched with a mentor couple and will meet with them six to eight times before the wedding date.
- At least one year of legal divorce or death is suggested before considering remarriage. NewPointe believes a new relationship should not be pursued until the potential for a healthy reconciliation has been exhausted, and time for personal recovery has passed.
- The bride and groom will meet with the wedding coordinator to discuss wedding details. All details, including the booking of the wedding officiant, will be handled by the wedding coordinator.
Our Wedding Process
- Couple completes the online registration notifying NewPointe that they want to get married.
- Couple meets with the wedding coordinator to answer questions and select date/time. Specific requirements to be married at NewPointe and by a NewPointe pastor will be discussed at this time.
- Couple completes the online inventory Saving Your Marriage Before It Starts that will be used for pre-marriage mentoring.
- Couple meets with the pre-marital mentors for eight sessions.
- Couple meets with the officiating pastor to discuss the ceremony.
- Wedding day arrives!
After the online registration is completed, a staff pastor or wedding coordinator from the specified campus will set up a meeting with the couple. At that meeting, if the requested wedding date and time is available, they will be reserved on the church calendar.
Due to holidays and special events, not all dates are available. The wedding coordinator will check on the requested date and time and communicate with the couple.
The wedding coordinator is a volunteer who serves as the go-between for the couple and NewPointe. Their job is to help get needed information and handle all the administrative tasks in planning the wedding at NewPointe.
Preset ceremony fees include the room where the wedding will take place, two dressing rooms, lighting and audio production, and custodial support. Additional fees are required if the campus also hosts the reception. A $100 deposit will secure the wedding date and time, and the balance is due 30 days before the wedding. All payments for weddings are refundable.
Couples are asked to go through premarital mentoring before they get married to build toward a fulfilling marriage. Premarital mentoring is done in conjunction with Saving Your Marriage Before It Starts (SYMBIS), an online premarital assessment. It is an inventory designed to help couples learn more about themselves and their relationship. It is not a test or a predictor of success or failure. It is a tool to help couples name and work through issues before marriage. The cost is $35.
Information for Non-Attendees
Having a wedding ceremony at NewPointe is reserved for those who regularly attend our weekend services. However, couples who are not part of a local church community are invited to explore NewPointe by attending weekend services and other ministry opportunities.
A recommended honorarium of $150-$250 is suggested for the officiating pastor.
I have read NewPointe's wedding guidelines and would like to register to be married
I would like more info about getting married at NewPointe