We are glad you have chosen NewPointe to share in your wedding. It is our desire here at NewPointe to ensure that your wedding ceremony will be memorable and beautiful in every way. Below are some critical pieces of information that will help you in planning your ceremony here at our campuses.
Our Wedding Policies
The bride and groom must individually confess a personal commitment to Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior. NewPointe will not join an unbeliever to a believer in marriage (2 Corinthians 6:14-18). The Bible is clear about spiritual compatibility between marriage partners.
1. The bride and groom need to abstain from sexual promiscuity and/or living together. Sex is a gift from God to be received in a marital union. The Bible gives us clear instructions for sex within the parameters of the marriage relationship (1 Corinthians 6:18-20, 1 Corinthians 7:2). Understanding this is God’s best for you and your marriage, we will ask you to abstain from sexual intimacy and living together.
2. We prefer the bride and groom to have maintained a dating relationship for a minimum of one year before their wedding date.
3. At least one of the persons being married must be a NewPointe partner or regular attendee (attend at least twice a month) for at least six months or have a parent who is either a partner or regular attendee.
4. The bride and groom will be required to participate in our pre-marital mentoring ministry. You will be matched with a mentor couple and will meet with them a minimum of eight times before your wedding date.
5. At least one year of legal divorce or death is suggested before considering remarriage. NewPointe believes a new relationship should not be pursued until the potential for a healthy reconciliation has been exhausted, and time for personal recovery has passed.
6. The bride and groom will meet with our wedding administrator to discuss wedding details. All details, including the booking of your pastor, will be handled by the wedding administrator.
Our Wedding Process
1. Couple fills out the online registration notifying NewPointe that they want to get married.
2. Couple meets with the wedding administrator to answer questions and select date/time. Specific requirements to be married at NewPointe and by a NewPointe pastor will be discussed at this time.
3. Couple then completes the Saving Your Marriage Before It Starts that will be used for marriage mentoring
4. Couple meets with the marriage mentors for eight sessions
5. Couple meets with the officiating pastor to discuss the ceremony
6. You get married (HOORAY!)
After you complete the online registration, the specified campus will set up a time to meet with you. At that meeting, if your date and time is available, we will set the date and time aside in order to give you time to participate in mentoring.
Upon placing your name on the wedding calendar, we will ask you to submit payment for the use of the building, due within 30 days, which will finalize your wedding date and time. All payments for weddings are refundable.
Due to holidays and special events, not all weekend dates are available. Please check with the wedding administrator prior to selecting a date for your wedding.
Our wedding administrator is a volunteer who seeks to be the go-between for the couple and NewPointe. Her job is to help you get information you need to plan your ceremony, and handle all the administrative tasks needed to plan your wedding at NewPointe.
We have set fees that are determined for use of rooms available for weddings.
Fees include the room where the wedding will take place, two rooms to get ready in, lighting & audio production, and custodial services.
We not only want you to have a beautiful ceremony but also a fulfilling marriage. We ask all couples to go through marriage mentoring before they get married.
Mentoring is done in conjunction with Saving Your Marriage Before It Starts, an online premarital inventory. It is a self-diagnostic inventory designed to help couples learn more about themselves and their relationship. It is not a test or a predictor of success or failure. It is a tool to help couples name and work through issues before marriage. The cost is $35.
Information for Non-Attendees
Having a wedding ceremony at NewPointe is reserved for NewPointe partners or those who regularly attend our weekend services. However, if you are not part of a local church community, we invite you to explore NewPointe by attending weekend services and other ministry opportunities.
A recommended honorarium of $150-$250 is suggested for the officiating pastor.
I have read NewPointe's wedding policies and would like to register to be married
I would like more info about getting married at NewPointe