Congratulations on your decision to get married! We are glad you have chosen to allow NewPointe to be a part of your journey.
It is our desire to ensure that not only will your wedding day be beautiful and memorable in every way, but that as a couple, you will be prepared to become husband and wife, and live your new life as One successfully.
In order to best serve you, we ask that you fill out the following registration as a couple. Please answer each question honestly, as it will help us serve you best. After submitting your registration, we will contact you within 48 hours.
OUR WEDDING POLICIES
The bride and groom must individually confess a personal commitment to Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior. NewPointe will not join an unbeliever to a believer in marriage (2 Corinthians 6:14-18). The Bible is clear about spiritual compatibility between marriage partners.
- The bride and groom need to abstain from sexual promiscuity and/or living together. Sex is a gift from God to be received in a marital union. The Bible gives us clear instructions for sex within the parameters of the marriage relationship (1 Corinthians 6:18-20, 1 Corinthians 7:2). Understanding this is God’s best for you and your marriage, we will ask you to abstain from sexual intimacy and living together.
- We prefer the bride and groom to have maintained a dating relationship for a minimum of one year before their wedding date.
- At least one of the persons being married must be a NewPointe partner or regular attendee (attend at least twice a month) for at least six months or have a parent who is either a partner or regular attendee.
- The bride and groom will be required to participate in our pre-marital mentoring ministry. You will be matched with a mentor couple and will meet with them a minimum of eight times before your wedding date.
- At least one year of legal divorce or death is suggested before considering remarriage. NewPointe believes a new relationship should not be pursued until the potential for a healthy reconciliation has been exhausted, and time for personal recovery has passed.
- The bride and groom will meet with our wedding administrator to discuss wedding details. All details, including the booking of your pastor, will be handled by the wedding administrator.